Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Summer Vacation Part I

We left our house on Friday at 1am and headed down the dark winding roadway for what seemed like forever. On the way to California we were distracted by a crazed driver who turned out to be a drunken fool! At the cost of everyone on the road he drove spuraticaly not taking into consideration the families on the roadway with him. After nearly being driven off the shoulder by this man Bobby and I made the decision to call DPS. They were determined to catch the man as badly as we were determined for him to be caught! So an hour into our journey to Beach land was spent on the phone with a very nice DPS man giving exact locations of where the drunk man was. And yes, he was pulled over, and then we were able to continue on our own journey!

With the children sound asleep in the backseat I crossed the Arizona California border about 3am. It was dark and lonley driving while Bobby and the children slept. I made up songs and storys and told them to my self as I drove along. I went as far to make up jokes to keep my mind occupied but that was a failure, I already knew the punch lines. So I decided to wake up Bobby and trade me places. Bobby took the wheel like a champ and I slept soundly until Indio. From Indio threw Riverside we talked about everything and nothing at all. Every once in a while Chloe would awaken without a peep and stick her two cents into our conversation which made us laugh even more! We found ourselves wondering how old Chloe really is.

About 6:30 we pulled into my grandmas drive way and were greated with loads of hugs and smiles. As always my grandmas house smelled of fresh baked goods! After everyone settled down we had the best breakfast ever!! My grandma always goes all out when we are there!! I love her so much!! After breakfast Bobby took a well deserved nap and I gave the children a bath and dressed them for our day.

Like always the first thing we did was go shopping! We started at Walmart and ended at the fireworks stand, stopping in between at Sam's Club for the BBQ stockpile.


Shopping always has a marvelous effect on my children. We purchased all the fixins for a great 4th of July BBQ that would make everyones mouth water (more on the BBQ later). After we got home and unloaded all the bags and boxes the children were ready for FUN!! So we put on the babsoups (bathing suits) and headed to the pool

Okay, so I guess I should have specified plastic pool. Non the less the girls LOVED it! After we got all dried off and into some PJ's it was time for dinner. Chloes favorite, baked pasta! We headed to bed early we were exhausted from the driving and lack of sleep, or atleast I was! So to bed we went to reast our heads and tired muscles.

No comments:

Post a Comment