Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Summer Vacation Part II

The 4th of July


Saturday we woke up early. Really early. My children have a built in alarm system. Not like you forget where you park so you hit the panic button, but more like its the crack of dawn (5am) and its ow time to wake up and wake mom and dad too! So I get up with my wide eyed children and we make our way to the living room where great grandma is rocking away in her chair and just waiting anxiously for us to awake, well at least the children. Great grandpa was awake by 6, and Bobby was lucky enough to sleep in until 9! And like the previous morning my grandma made us the most delicious breakfast ever!! Did I mention she likes to spoil us?! So good! After Breakfast Chloe and I made 4th of July cupcakes!


I gave my children a bath and took a very well desired shower and we all got dressed. Chloe decided that she couldn't live another minute without cartoons in her life. So my grandma put them on in her bedroom and Chloe spent most of the early afternoon in there. Her favorite cartoons right now in case you are wondering are Dora, Yo Gabba Gabba, Wonder Pets, and Sponge Bob.

While Chloe watched cartoons Sophie was ready to explore! Sophie and I headed out on our own for a walk.

And then daddy came out and decided to explore with us!

After our walk Sophie was exhausted! So it was nap time for her. Just as she feel asleep Chloe woke up and decided that she was STARVING and needed to eat wunch (lunch).

After lunch she NEEDED a RED cupcake. This was the after effect!

After Lunch and cupcakes Chloe watched another episode of Dora and waited very patiently for Sophie to wake up so they could go swimming. While Chloe was waiting, my grandma and I decided that we would have a Ceveche cook off. I totally won. My grandma on the other hand chooses to believe that she won. But the facts are in, everyone ate mine and no one ate hers!! Sophie woke up and it was time for the pool, again.

While the children were swimming I owned the BBQ and grilled some delicious RIBS and Hot Dogs! Yumm!! While I was grilling my grandma made the best baked beans ever, pasta salad, and corn on the cob!! Best BBQ ever!

Notice my grandpa's plate, HUGE!

Chloe had 2 helpings of baked beans and pasta salad!

After dinner everyone needed to relax. Some of us more then others...

While everyone rested I cleaned up the dinner dishes and handed out cupcakes. So yummy! After the kitchen was cleaned I changed the girls into there PJ's and we waited for the sun to set so we could do fireworks!! The girls were a little anxious so we went and sat outside a little early!

Eventually the sun set and it was time for firworks! First were the SPARKLERS!

Bobby was in DANGER with the sparklers!

The noise from the fireworks scared the kids, so they climbed into the back of the van and stole glances of the fireworks, and were mesmerized by the bright flickering colors and loud noises!

After the noise started to settle down, the decided to come and sit with me on the lawn and watch the fireworks that were in the distance. Occasionally Sophie would get scared and hide her head in my chest. Overall it was an amazing 4th of July! We had a great time! Thanks Grandma!!


No comments:

Post a Comment